Saturday 28 June 2014

A very nice weekend indeed!

Had a great weekend last week at the HUBB UK Meet at Donington Park Farm, met lots of friends from both motorcycle and 4x4 worlds. The weather certainly helped with sunshine all weekend. Although it was an overland travel event, I spotted a few rally bikes, well riding in rallies is "travelling overland" isn't it!

 
A very nice KTM 690 on the Rally Raid Products stand, this one is not a rally bike
as it's in "adventure" spec
 

 
Rally Raid Product's LC4-50 project, a 450 conversion of a 690
designed as an affordable option for the Dakar Rally
 


Ollie Lloyd's 450 Speedbrain 450 fresh from the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
 
 

 
A tidy looking 450EXC parked next to my tent, the owner had ridden over from Northern Island. I was particularly interested in the Wolfman luggage, that gave me ideas that I could possible do longer trips on my 450?
 


Two of my favourite bikes of the weekend. Honda monkey bikes!
 
 
 
Mark "Moly" Molineux's Interesting take on a rally bike, based on a 250cc Portuguese AJP
 

 
A close up of Moly's bike
 

 
Ollie's Speedbrain again

No comments:

Post a Comment